The Sunshine Blogger Award
Last month, Tracey at Adventure Awaits was so kind as to tag me in the Sunshine Blogger Award! (Thanks, Tracey! I can't wait to get started on your questions! ☺ )
- Thank the person who tagged you.
- Copy and answer the eleven questions provided.
- Tag up to eleven new bloggers to complete the challenge.
- Write eleven new questions for them to answer.
1. What's the most addicting app on your phone?
Well, I have a dumb phone, so no apps on there. ☺ On my tablet, though, I'd have to say Spotify? Or Twitter. Or Goodreads. (You can tell I'm a total gamer. 😜 )
2. What's a song that speaks to your life, right now?
Hmm... Possibly Idols by Jessa Anderson? Idols can very much be hidden in plain sight, drawing us away from God, and that song's been quite the thought-provoker, addressing all the "pretty things" we surround ourselves with.
3. Do you have a book or movie that's your "happy place" -- a fictional world into which you retreat when you need a breather?
I haven't reread any books in a long while, so I suppose I'd have to go with a movie -- the 2015 Cinderella. I love that movie! It's so inspiring, so encouraging, so romantic, and so beautiful! Oh, that film is just the best! ❤
4. What's a book you are (or were) looking forward to so much that you're scared to read it, for fear it will/would not live up to your expectations?
Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice! I'm a huge fan of the 1995 miniseries (and kind of a fan of the 2005 film), as well as the sequel series Death Comes to Pemberley, but I was rather disappointed when I read the book. I have the Death Comes to Pemberley novel, though, so I'm really hoping I'll enjoy that!
5. If you had to have all your past memories wiped, save for one day, which day would you choose to remember?
Oh, oh... (*shuffles through memory file cabinet*) Hmm... Well... If I had plenty of time in advance before this procedure were to occur, I would probably spend a day leaving a trail of clues for myself to regain my memories. If it was a spontaneous decision, however, I think I'd go with one of the performances of The Magic Flute.
6. What question would you like to ask one of your favourite authors?
WANNA COME STAY AT MY HOUSE?! (Yes, I would be that creepy fan. 😉 ) I love having company over, so hanging with one of my favourite authors for a week or two sounds awesome. 😄
7. If you had to describe yourself as one of the four seasons, which would it be?
(*cracks knuckles*) Um, maybe autumn or winter? I'm a bit shy, at times, but I also have a reputation for being rather feisty. 😏
8. What's your personality type?
9. An envelope containing $500 shows up on your doorstep. On what do you spend it?
10. Would you rather be trapped in a lamp, a tower, or an enchanted sleep?
If I had a kitten, books, paper, and a fountain pen, the tower, for sure. If not, then definitely the enchanted sleep. 😉
11. Which Disney villain/villainess do you find to be the scariest?
- Audrey at Audrey Caylin
- Christine at Musings of an Elf
- Jenelle at Jenelle Schmidt
- Schuyler at My Lady Bibliophile
- Jada at The Good Apple
- YOU, dear Dragon! If you'd care for a tag to fulfill. 😊
Since I'm feeling rather bookish, today (*coughs* I'm pretty sure I always feel bookish?), I present to you Chosen Ones the Sunshine Blogger Award, Bookish Edition! 😉
- Which book on your shelf has the prettiest cover?
- What is one of your all-time favourite fantasy novels?
- Who is one author whose writing is SO GOOD that it makes you want to sit down and up your word count?
- What is one of your favourite fairytales?
- What is one of your favourite fairytale retellings, book or movie?
- Is there a protagonist you just totally connect with? Who is it, and which book are they from?
- Who are your top three to five favourite authors? Have you met any of them? Conducted interviews with them?
- You just learned that you are to inherit your very own ginormous library -- and it comes with a castle, too! Oh, and one more thing -- you get a magical creature (of your own choosing) to be your librarian/bookkeeper! What sort of creature is it?
- You are holding a very pretty book in your hands. Describe it.
- (And now, I'm stealing one of Tracey's questions!) You're a princess (well done!), but there's a catch: You have to be (kind of) cursed for two years. To make up for the fact that you have an evil(ish) stepmother, your fairy godmother has sweetened the deal -- you get to choose just how you get cursed: Locked in a tower with a pet, books, and your very own room full of food and paper and fountain pens and other such wonders; trapped in a magic lamp, where you have the ability to be a mischievous li'l Faerie queen with an unlimited supply of (healthy!) cake; or sent into an enchanted slumber, from which you will awake to find your true love smiling back at you! Which do you choose?
- (Last one, guys!) You just found out that you fell out of a book. Which book was it, and from which world have you come?
Enjoy, girls! I can't wait to read your answers! 😃
Well, dear Dragon, what's one of your favourite books? Which would you choose: A tower, a lamp, or an enchanted sleep?