Beautiful People, in Which We Discover Mr. Lorcan MacNamara
In June, I officially introduced Miss Jayna Buckley to the world.
Jayna's the protagonist of Because of Midnight Poison, my current WIP / Snow White retelling / Five Poisoned Apples entry. And because her story is a romantic, Regency fantasy, THERE OF COURSE MUST BE A LOVE INTEREST. Which is where Lorcan MacNamara comes in. 😏
1. WHAT IS HE ADDICTED TO? WHAT CAN'T HE LIVE WITHOUT?
Lorcan likes pasta.* A lot. Spaghetti. Fettuccine alfredo. Macaroni and cheese.** Any style, any way... HE JUST REALLY LIKES HIS PASTA.
*And now I'm craving pasta.
**Which they probably didn't eat much during 1812, but it is a fantasy land and THEY ARE CLEARLY AHEAD OF THE TIMES.
2. NAME THREE POSITIVE AND THREE NEGATIVE QUALITIES ABOUT THIS CHARACTER.
- He loves God.
- He's a hard worker.
- He's compassionate (particularly towards animals).
- He talks too much, and probably says more than is good for anyone.
- He rarely pauses to consider what he wants in life.
- When he feels betrayed, he's prone to act out of anger.
3. IS HE HOLDING ONTO SOMETHING HE SHOULD GET RID OF?
In a manner of speaking? Lorcan has always envied his younger brother, Jarlath's, natural kindness and ability to know what he wants in life. Lorcan has just never stopped to act upon or consider these things for himself.
4. IF 10 = COMPLETELY ORGANIZED AND 1 = COMPLETELY MESSY, WHERE DOES HE FALL ON THE SCALE?
Maybe a seven? Lorcan is rather well organized, but much of it is thanks to his parents and MacNamara Estate's servants.
5. WHAT FRUSTRATES HIM MOST ABOUT THE WORLD HE LIVES IN?
The world's view on disabilities. Local miners jeer at Jayna and her family for Jayna's deafness. Even Lorcan's aunt has a distaste for deaf, blind, and lame people.
6. HOW WOULD HE DRESS FOR A NIGHT OUT? WHAT ABOUT A NIGHT IN?
A night out? A tailcoat, waistcoat, shirt, neckcloth, pair of breeches, pair of socks, and pair of boots. For a night in, a simple shirt and breeches.
7. HOW MANY SHOES DOES HE OWN, AND WHAT KIND?
*has never even considered this* Uuuummm... as many shoes as a nineteen-year-old, upper class Regency man would own? *shrugs*
8. DOES HE HAVE ANY PETS? ARE THEY ANY PETS HE WISHES HE HAD?
He has five cats, named Ferdinand, Doc, Grimm, Snow, and Queenie.* He would like to own a total of seven cats, though. 😉
9. IS THERE SOMETHING/SOMEONE HE RESENTS? WHY? WHAT HAPPENED?
He doesn't get along too well with the stablehand (a.k.a. the MacNamaras' butler's son), seeing as there was an incident during their childhood in which the stablehand accidentally drowned one of Lorcan's cats, King.*
*You're still welcome.
*You're still welcome.
10. WHAT'S USUALLY IN HIS FRIDGE OR PANTRY?
Well, he doesn't own a fridge yet because IT IS 1812 AND SADLY THERE IS NO SUCH GOODNESS IN THE WORLD FOR AT LEAST TWENTY YEARS. But, much to his knowledge, the cook, cook's assistant, and kitchen-maids keep the pantry well-stocked with plenty of dry pasta. 😛
As always, thanks to Sky and Cait for organizing the Beautiful People tag!
If any of you fantabulous Dragon peeps are interested, I've been on a playlist-building craze as
Have you done Beautiful People, this month? Do you have any pets? Are there any you wish you had?