WEEK TWO IS HERE, Y'ALL!!!! If you happened to miss week one, you're more than welcome to check it out here. 😊
To be honest... I'm kinda behind. On my own read-along. IT'S EMBARRASSING. (But I am on week two's reading, so I'm not terribly far! 😉) Anywhozens, pardon me if this week's questions don't cover all of chapters twelve through twenty-three. I'm tryin', folks. 😀
I am completely LOVING this story! Here are my responses to last week's prompts:
1. Favorite quote: "...But, dear me, let us be elegant or die!" (chapter three). 😜
2. Which March sister am I? I think I'm a mix of Jo and Meg. I love romance and elegance (like Meg), but I'm a writer and rather clumsy person (like Jo).
3. Pink ice cream, white ice cream, cake, fruit, or French bonbons? YES, I'LL JUST TAKE ALL OF IT PLEASE THANK YOU.
4. I want to DAAAAANCE. (Let's ignore the fact that I can't actually dance. *shrugs and stalks off to indulge in more of Mr. Laurence's sweets*)
5. So this question was totally the first thing I thought to ask! But it felt so complex by the time I spilled it all out, I decided to save it for the end. 😉 I really relate to Jo in this regard. There are so many things guys can do that girls can't! But I totally love being a girl, too; pretty clothes, slumber parties, read-a-thons... 💜
Same as last time: feel free to answer all or any of the following questions. 😄
- In chapter eleven, the March girls experiment with doing nothing for a day (and it totally doesn't work 😛). If you could have a day free from undesired obligations (i.e. school, work, etc.), what would you do (while still remaining productive)?
- In chapter twelve, Mr. Brooke begins to show Meg special attention. Do you ship it or "rip" it? 😉
- Chapter thirteen opens with Laurie's "unprofitable and unsatisfactory" day. Have you ever had a day that was positively dull/unproductive? If you ever feel that sort of day beginning, what do you do to remedy it?
- Still in chapter thirteen, the March girls journey to a hill to "sew, read, cone, draw, or do all at once". If you could bring anything (wireless!) and go along with them, what would you bring/do? Why?
- Further into the chapter, Beth, Meg, Jo, and Laurie discuss Heaven. What do you imagine Heaven to be like?
Next week, we'll start volume two to discuss chapters twenty-four through thirty-five! (Hopefully, I'll be back on track by then!) 😁
Any favorite quotes? If you've read ahead, do you have any suggestions for next week's discussion prompts?
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the remainder of the Little Women read-along has been cancelled. I'm so, so sorry, my dear Dragons! I feel SO bad that weeks three and four aren't happening. 💔
I still plan to continue reading Little Women, and I hope you do, too! If you'd like to share your thoughts on chapters twenty-three+ with me, feel free to discuss them in the comments, below.
Again, I am so, so sorry about this! I hope you have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. 💖