Introducing... The Language of Worlds Linkup // May-June 2018
HULLO, MY DRAGONS!
Today, I want to share something with you -- something I've been working on ever since Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up & Further In announced the final Beautiful People linkup. Linkups like Beautiful People have played such a hand in my writing: they've taught me more about my characters, made them more human. They've made me realize just how much my stories mean to me -- and how much books mean to readers. They've drawn me closer to fellow bloggers, introduced me to their tales and fed a love for reading my friends' words. Thus, now that one of my favorite linkups has gone, and I'd love to continue learning more about the characters in my fellow bloggers' works-in-progress, I'm proud to present: The Language of Worlds...
The Language of Worlds is character linkup. Think Beautiful People, but different. 😉
- The Language of Worlds is tailored to speculative Christian fiction, but other genres are more than welcome!
- It's bimonthly -- every two months, a new set of questions releases. This first linkup lasts from May 'til June, and the next begins in July and ends in August.
- There are ten questions per linkup, and new ones every time!
- Anyone can join! All I ask is that you use the graphic (above) and link back here, to my blog (click here for the official HTML).
Without further ado...
- Introduce your character and his/her story!
- What does he/she (your character) look for in a friend? Consciously or subconsciously?
- If he/she could study any foreign language, what would it be?
- Which person from the Bible would he/she be besties with? Why?
- If he/she were to visit you for a week, what would you do together?
- What is his/her ideal future?
- If he/she were to spend a weekend alone, what sort of pastimes would he/she pursue?
- If you could send your character a care package, what would be in it?
- Is there a song that describes your character's journey?
- What is your character's place in the story (hero, antihero, villain, sidekick, etc.)?
My linkup gadget is, unfortunately, acting a bit fidgety, but hopefully it'll be ready in time for the next linkup! For now, feel free to drop a link to your The Language of Worlds post in the comments, below.
I hope you'll join me on this exciting new venture! And I can't wait to see your answers!
Lord willing, my responses will be up next week, with a sneak peek at my Oath & Iron entry! 😉