Sunday, April 7, 2019

january, february, & march highlights, ft. a tiny vlog || getting my driver's license, turning 18, + ALSO starting college???













HAPPY SUNDAY, DRAGON-FRIEND!

I fell off the blogging horse sometime last year, and in the process of heaving myself back on, I keep falling off. (Which I'm taking measures to fix. But more on that on Wednesday. πŸ˜‰) January went by with a heave! and a ho! and a solid 5 posts!!!! (Let's do that AGAIN!) Aaaand February came about with 0 (????) posts and ALSO me looking for my metaphorical saddle, which I started to dust off in March and am currently working to prep and put back together.

In other words, THIS POST IS VERY LATE. (I'm still working on that saddle!) I don't expect my posting schedule to turn as wackadoodle as last year, because I LOVE blogging. But I'm still learning how to make time for it. So please excuse this rush-job of a post... and then tell me how your past couple months have been! πŸ˜˜


    // life in january


➸ I auditioned for my campus's production of Alice in Wonderland and was cast as the Cheshire Cat "master puppeteer" (technically, the title was "lead cat," but since Mr. Cheshire was a GIANT puppet that took up nearly half the stage, "master puppeteer" sounds so much more accurate + epic)


➸ I finished my 7th semester of high school (I. HAVE. ONE. LEFT. NOW. *cue screaming*)


➸ I STARTED MY FIRST COLLEGE CLASS?!! (It's Speech and it's SO HARD but SO WORTH IT.) 


    // life in february


➸ I took my driving exam and was super terrified but I PASSED!!!!


➸ I started leading the women's Bible study at church (!!!!). We're reading Uninvited (book + study guide) by Lysa TerKeurst, which is a majorly personal study but also something I'm super passionate about, so I'm SO pumped I get to lead it!


➸ I gave my first speech (which was legit only 1 minute but I DID IT)


➸ Lots of school. (Too much school.)


➸ Lots of rehearsals for Alice.


➸ Lots of sleep deprivation.


➸ It's 110% a mystery I did not get sick.


    // life in march


➸ I got to meet up with a couple other people from church to plan our congregation's Youth Meeting (spoiler alert: I'm super happy about how this is starting to come together! And yes, I'm totally going to type up a post about it as the date approaches. Mark your calendar for July 31 - August 4, 2019, if you think you can make it!)


➸ My grandpa came to visit!


➸ Alice performances happened!


➸ We had our second council for the Youth Meeting! (I deemed them "councils" because "meeting meeting" sounds WAY TOO COMPLICATED)


➸ Saint Patrick's Day happened without anything special in particular but it just felt generally lovely πŸ˜ŠπŸ€


➸ SPRING BREAAAK, ft. a week-long trip to Morro Bay + San Luis Obispo with the Bestie™'s family (but without the Bestie™ because college is cruel and gave her school a different spring break from the rest of ussss 😭😭😭)


➸ I turned 18??!!?! My fam + the Bestie™'s fam spent the day at the beach (where I took a loooong, chill nap πŸŒ›), eating rolled ice cream (my first time! HAZELNUT ROLLED ICE CREAM IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING), and inhaling eating vegan doughnuts (again, HAZELNUT = 😍😍😍)


➸ I MADE A VLOG FOR YOU! I saw Sarah @ The Introverted Extrovert do this last month and I LOVED THE IDEA, so I decided to carry my camera close for March. The video is super shaky but I LOVE IT AND I'M SO EXCITED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU πŸ’•Here you goooo:


    // moments


➸ Our dusty brown chaparrals rose into a full, vibrant green so gorgeous that the drive to church felt like I was driving through the Irish countryside (I. LOVED. IT. πŸ˜πŸŒΏπŸ˜πŸŒΏ but the green is gone now & I miss it so muuuch)


➸ Driving east for a Youth Meeting council on a stormy morning, watching low-hanging clouds and high fog pierce the hills, and just thinking, I wish every day could be as enchanting as this


➸ Almost falling asleep offstage during tech rehearsals


➸ 5yo cousin: I START KINDERGARDEN NEXT MONTH AND I'M SO EXCITED!!!!


➸ 5yo cousin: OLIVIA???!

      Me: Yes?

      5yo cousin: I LOVE YOUUU


➸ Discovering that bathing my dog in tomato juice = a fun experience for, lol, NEITHER ONE OF US (she got sprayed by a skunk πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)


➸ Waking up in the morning under super soft blankets, hair damp from last night's shower, dogs sound asleep at the foot of my bed πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—


    // fav reads



➸ To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han // ★★★★☆ // Surprisingly different from the movie, but ADORABLE NONETHELESS (also I CANNOT WAIT to read + watch P.S. I Still Love You)




➸ Mark of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse // ★★★★★ // My first read of Morgan's and IT WAS SO AMAZING???? I don't think I've ever anticipated a book as much as I'm anticipating its sequel??????? 😍😍😍😍😍 (I'M OBSESSED NOW)




➸ The Moon Master's Ball by Clara Diane Thompson // ★★★★★ // Yes, I read this last spring buT DOES THAT MATTER? NOPE BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS DARLING




    // april goals


➸ Focus on school + getting ahead


➸ Write speech no. 3


➸ Prep May's blog posts


➸ Conquer Camp NaNo [reach 20k on Ignis]


➸ Tidy my room (it's a ridiculous mess in desperate need of some massive reorganization πŸ™ˆ)


➸ Take more moments to read + breathe ✌️



And that about sums up my January - March. (JUST KIDDING, I probably forgot 1 million + 1 details but details πŸ€·)


how was your end of winter and start of spring, dragon-friend? what did you do?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing your drivers exam!! How exciting! I love the pictures at the beginning of this post. Very beautiful. xD
    I think all I've really done in the past three months is try to get my WIP finished! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for passing your driver's test!!! :DDD And also, YAY for turning 18!!! How does it feel, being a REAL adult now? XD

    AGH love that vlog!! So well put together and BEAUTIFUL. <333

    ReplyDelete

HELLO, FRIEND! Whether you're new to the Dragoner's realm or a Dragon-friend faithfully returning, I'M SO EXCITED TO HAVE YOU HERE. *hugs and gives you cookies*

I always make a point to respond to comments, although my replies might be a little late in the coming (thanks to that pesky li'l thing called Life™). *winks*

But again, I'm thrilled to have you here -- and commenting! All I ask is that you keep your comments clean, respectful of others, and free of spam. Comments that do not follow these guidelines will be deleted.

Feel free to drop a link to your blog; I'll be sure to stop by! <3